Kids need to know that someone cares
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City provides a fun, safe environment for kids to learn, play, grow and meet new friends.
From sports to education and group activities, the Clubs provide quality programs to thousands of area kids every day. Kids who may otherwise lack the resources for such opportunities.
The number of children left home alone with no adult supervision has only increased over the past 10 years. That’s why the Clubs are open before and after school, snow days and some holidays, providing a positive outlet for kids during their free time.
Giving these kids a wholesome place to go and some positive guidance is the key to bettering their lives … building their self-esteem … and providing a GREAT future for the kids who need us most.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City promotes the development of self-esteem, values, and skills for boys and girls, ages 5-18, with special emphasis on youth from disadvantaged circumstances.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing opportunities in the following areas:
- Utilizing positive, caring and committed staff and volunteers.
- Involving kids and their parents in the planning and implementation of Club programming.
- Establishing services in locations that are safe, affordable and accessible.
- Partnering with other organizations to enhance core services.
- Evaluating and modifying program activities to ensure they meet established outcomes.
To be the leader in providing development opportunities for youth from disadvantaged circumstances. To offer comprehensive and generation-changing activities for members of all ages that will result in tangible outcomes by utilizing attractive Club locations with exceptional space, equipment and staff. Ultimately, we will strive to demonstrate true partnerships between our members, their families, the volunteers and staff, and to value active and involved participation by each in the daily life of the Clubs.