Bright, successful futures for KC kids
All children, regardless of their circumstances, will have a shot at a bright, successful future right here in Kansas City.
The long-term goal of the Clubs’ programs is to ensure members have the skills they need to graduate high school and pursue college, vocational training, or a career.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America worked with the Search Institute to identify five key elements that lead our youth down a path to success:
- A safe, positive environment: The Club is a safe haven where members feel physically and emotionally secure at all times.
- Fun: Members engage in play in a positive, welcoming environment and are eager to come to the Club.
- Supportive relationships: Every young person builds strong friendships with peers and feels connected to one or more adults.
- Opportunities and expectations: Club staff and programs consistently communicate the expectation that every child has the potential to excel, be productive and succeed at the Club and in life.
- Recognition: The Club takes every opportunity to recognize and validate Club members’ achievements and accomplishments.