Outcome: All members adopt a healthy diet, practice healthy lifestyle choices and make a lifelong commitment to fitness.
The health habits developed in adolescence affect health and quality of life throughout adulthood.
Our members learn the value of exercise, proper nutrition, fitness, teamwork and sportsmanship through team sports and group activities. As a result, they develop the skills they need to resist drug or alcohol abuse, gang involvement and other risky behaviors.
- Date SMART—Learn how to achieve mutually supportive relationships free of violence and abuse.
- Passport to Manhood—Promotes and teaches responsibility in young men, ages 11-14.
- SMART Girls—Young girls learn healthy attitudes and lifestyles as they mature into young women.
- SMART Moves—Age-appropriate sessions on drug, alcohol, and teen pregnancy prevention.
- Sports L•A•B™ (Lifestyle, Attitude, Behavior) – A sports-centric program utilizing creative expression and strategic thinking along with physical activity to teach Club members basic life skills through sports instruction and participation. In partnership with St. Luke’s Health Systems.
- Sports Leagues—Strengthen athletic ability and leadership skills through organized sports. Sports offered include baseball and softball (RBI), basketball, soccer, wrestling, volleyball, track and weightlifting. Learn more.
- Triple PLAY—Nurture mind, body and soul by learning to manage stress, practice fitness and form positive relationships.