Your time is valuable to our children
Someone to listen. Someone to ask about your day, your dreams, your hopes for the future. Someone to care. It’s so simple, but makes such a profound difference in the life of a child. YOU can be that special person for a child in need of guidance by volunteering with the Clubs.
We welcome individuals and groups ready to open their hearts and help our kids dream big.
How could you help?
We want to make your volunteer experience as meaningful and convenient as possible. There are many ways that you can lend a hand.
- Program volunteer
- Become a LIFE Coach Mentor
- Provide job shadowing opportunities
- Tutor a child
- Coach a sports team
- Teach computer skills, digital art, choir or dance, etc.
- Special events planning
- Get your corporation to volunteer
All you have to do is fill out the following three (3) forms:
- The “Volunteer Application”
- The “Fed Background Check”
- The “KS Background Check” OR “MO Background Check” depending on where you will volunteer.
Then submit a photocopy of your Social Security Card to complete your application.
The screening process may take up to three weeks. Once you are approved, you’ll attend an orientation and then be placed in a rewarding position that fits your busy schedule.
Send your forms to Volunteer Programs at email@example.com, fax them to 816-361-3675 or come apply in person.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
Nancy and Gordon Beaham
4001 Blue Parkway, Suite 102
Kansas City, MO 64130
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-F